Prior to your learn to curl class class, please complete an on-ice waiver using the link below. Each class participant must fill out a waiver in order to participate on-ice. If a minor is participating, a parent or guardian should fill out the minor waiver.
Adult Waiver: https://www.smartwaiver.com/v/cccwaiver1718adult/
Minor Waiver (under 18): https://www.smartwaiver.com/v/ccc1718minor/
Send questions to LearnToCurl@CincinnatiCurlingClub.com
We ask that you arrive no later than 15 minutes before the start of each class to allow time for proper registration and waivers to be filled out. (Anyone under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian to sign the waiver for them)
CINCINNATI CURLING CLUB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A PARTICIPANT ARRIVING LATE TO AN EVENT AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE SHIFTING STARTS TIMES DUE TO HIGH VOLUME. PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE. NO REFUNDS FOR MISSING PRE-REGISTERED START TIME.
OPPORTUNITIES WE OFFER
Traditional Learn to Curl (Indoor)
- Traditional Learn to Curl event includes just over 2 hours of sports education and on-ice game play. Training begins with some off ice classroom training, where you will have the rules and lingo of curling explained to you. You may also see a video demonstration, showing what proper technique looks like.
- Afterwards, you will be taken onto the ice, and you will perform various curling exercises and drills.
- Finally you will get to play a mini-game of curling.
- In total, the event last about 2 hours from the time the off-ice training begins to the time that the on ice activities are over.
Taste of Curling (Indoor)
- Taste of Curling provides a sampling in the education and on-ice experience of curling. This event is 30 minutes.
- Start times will be staggered in 30 minute intervals from the start of the event until 30 minutes to the end of the event.
- Each participant will travel to different CURLING STATIONS to learn a different aspect and skill of the game. This includes on-ice participation and drills.
- Each participant will get the opportunity to throw at least one 40 lb granite curling stone down the sheet of ice toward the house, just like an Olympian!
Summit Park Taste of Curling (Outdoor)
- Summit Park Taste of Curling provides a sampling of on-ice experience of curling. This event is 30 minutes.
- Each participant will be taken on the ice and perform various curling exercises and drills and simulated game play.
- For certain nights, paid participants can return to the ice at 7:30PM to participate in the Summit Park Curling Olympics to play a mini game.
- Summit Park Curling Olympics are scheduled for January 8, 15, 22, 29, and February 5. Paid participants can return to the ice between 7:30PM and 9:00PM and play a mini game. Participation is determined in a first-come first-served order the night of the event. At the end of the night, a Gold Medal Winning Team will be crowned!
You can request more information by sending an email to LearnToCurl@CincinnatiCurlingClub.com
Common Learn To Curl Questions
Q – Am I going on the ice?
A – Yes, you will have some short off-ice discussion and then you will walk on the ice. Please dress appropriately.
Q – Do I need any special equipment?
A – All curling related equipment will be provided by the Cincinnati Curling Club
Q – What should I wear?
A – Curling is played on ice, so dress warmly. The typical temperature on the ice is in the mid 40’s. It is best to wear loose fitting clothing, and wear layers. Many curlers wear athletic warm-up pants, yoga pants, or other similar sweat pants. While it is OK to wear jeans, jeans tend to be a little too restrictive in movement allowed for most people. Remember that during curling, you will be getting into a lunge position, so make sure that your clothing allows for this. Another key to clothing is to wear layers. Most people tend to get warm after sweeping for a bit, and they will take off a sweatshirt or other layer to they don’t overheat. It is best to wear gloves that will allow basic dexterity.
Q – What shoes should I wear?
A – No Heels, Sandals or open toed shoes are permitted on the ice. It is best to wear normal athletic or running shoes. All shoes must be clean before you will be allowed on the ice. Failure to wear the correct footwear will result in you not being allowed onto the ice.
Q – Do I need to be a member of the Cincinnati Curling Club to come and curl?
A – For the Learn To Curl Clinics and Instructional Leagues that we are running, you do not need to be a member to come out and try curling. If you would like to curl in one of our other leagues, you will need to join the club.
Q – If I love curling after my first time, how can I curl more?
A – Anyone is welcome to become a member and join our club. We offer curling league to include both experienced and novice curlers.
Q – How do we check the weather conditions at the Blue Ash Summit Park?
A - The outdoor ice rink is subject to the environment and may be closed due to weather conditions. Please contact the Blue Ash Summit Park hotline using the link below.